How the Department enhances sport and recreation
Department staff are subject-matter experts across all aspects of sport and recreation and assist organisations develop and enhance capability.
Community programs and initiatives
The Department funds and supports a range of community programs and initiatives including:
- ActiveSmart Top Up
- ActiveSmart Mental Health Project
- Southern Wheatbelt Sport and Recreation Project
- North West Metropolitan Sports Project
- Communicare Active Together
- Headstart into Activity
- Community Participation Funding
- Vulnerable Women’s Resource
- PCYC Streetball – Fremantle
- Reconnecting Women in Prison (Boronia Prison)
- Bandyup Prison Project
- Katanning Inclusion Project
- Active Girls
- Disability Review Implementation
- Seniors Exergaming Project
- Fair Safe Sport Strategy
- Diverting young people from Northbridge
- Environmental Sustainability Program
- Aboriginal Sport Program
Sport and recreation consultants
The Department offers consultancy services for sport and recreation organisations in WA.
Contact your sport or recreation consultant or find out about the role of sport and recreation consultants.
A complex business
Running sports clubs and organisations is complex. In many ways, all sport is a business, with even the smallest clubs subject to a range of rules and regulations. This can make their management, sometimes difficult. However, help is amongst these pages.
The Department’s staff have experience across all aspects of sport and recreation, including policy, regulations, finance and promotions. They are here to help organisations best prepare and manage their resources and members, from planning a new sports facility to undertaking a training course.
The Department, through grants, subsidies and scholarships, provides funding to organisations who facilitate sport and active recreation. Funding is important to support the industry and provide active opportunities for every Western Australian. More information on funding
Contact the Department
Contact the Department to see how we can help you or your organisation.