Regional Talent Development Network
Developing young regionally-based talented athletes to train and compete in regional WA.
The State Government invest $3 million into talented athletes, coaches and officials regional areas from 2017 through to 2020.
The Regional Athlete Support Program establishes a statewide network supporting regional-based talented athletes, coaches and officials which allows athletes to continue their development and progress along the athlete pathway from their home environment.
- Support a high quality daily training environment for regional athletes in identified regions in conjunction with the State Sporting Associations (SSAs) and Regional Sporting Associations (RSAs).
- Facilitate regional athletes' access to high quality coaching and sport specialist services.
- Support the access and participation in high level competition for talented regional athletes.
- To build sustainability of the Regional Talent Development Network through alignment and inclusion in the strategic planning of key regional stakeholders. These include:
- Each region’s talent development needs will be identified by various means and verified by State Sporting Associations
- Stakeholders and local service providers who can be involved in supporting talent development in each region are identified and engaged
- A region owned and sustainable entity is established to coordinate talent development
- A region talent development plan is developed
Key result areas
- Support identified SSAs to develop and implement effective regional talent development operational plans
- Lead a coordinated approach to the development of a regional talent development system by engaging key internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate statewide, across industry regional talent development initiatives that add value to SSAs and regional talent development operational plans
Support individual athletes through financial assistance for training and competition e.g. entry fees, gym memberships, travel to training camps, travel to competitions etc.
Regional Athlete Support Program funding is allocated over three years with the current cycle being 2017-2020.
Coordinator Talent Development
246 Vincent Street, Leederville WA 6007
PO Box 8349 Perth Business Centre WA 6849
Telephone 08 9492 9722
Email Philip Gregson