Six of the top eight men's and nine of the top 10 women's T20 teams including Australia, India and England will be putting their skills to the test when Perth hosts the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 World Cup in 2020.
- Six of top eight ranked teams to play in Perth including Australia, India and England
- Perth to be the gateway to the tournament creating jobs and boosting the WA economy
- Event expected to attract significant number of interstate and international visitors
- Supported by the State Government through Tourism WA and VenuesWest
The State Government, through Tourism Western Australia, successfully bid to host 11 men's and women's matches with Premier Mark McGowan today announcing the teams and fixtures coming to Perth next year, which is expected to attract a huge number of visitors — creating jobs and boosting the economy.
Positioning Perth as the gateway to the tournament, the men's matches will begin in Perth on Saturday October 24, 2020, the opening day of the Super 12s stage, with a blockbuster evening match featuring second ranked India and South Africa showcasing Perth Stadium to a global audience.
This match will be followed by a double header on October 26, 2020 and then Australia will compete in another double header on October 28, 2020. The men's matches will conclude in Perth with a stand-alone fixture on October 30, 2020.
These matches are expected to bring in tens of thousands of interstate and international visitors to Perth and generate millions in visitor expenditure for the local economy, plus showcase Perth to a global television audience. With six matches across a seven-day period, Perth will create an exciting and vibrant cricket festival experience for visitors and locals alike.
The women's games will be played at the iconic WACA Ground with five matches over three consecutive days from Saturday February 22, 2020 to Monday February 24, 2020, creating another festival of cricket experience and again positioning Perth and WA as the gateway to the ICC T20 World Cup.
Nine of the top 10 women's teams will be competing, with the first match in Perth on the opening weekend of the tournament. The tournament will start with a double header on Saturday February 22, 2020, followed by a stand-alone match on Sunday February 23, 2020 and finish with a double header to round off the tournament's stay in WA on Monday February 24, 2020. Top teams will compete in Perth including Australia (current champions), England, West Indies and New Zealand.
Tickets to the ICC Women's T20 World Cup matches will go on sale to the general public from February 21, 2019. Ticket information for the ICC Men's T20 World Cup will be announced later this year.
All Perth fixtures
- Saturday February 22, 2020 double header
- West Indies v Qualifier
- New Zealand v Sri Lanka
- Sunday February 23
- Monday February 24 double header
- Australia v Sri Lanka
- India v Qualifier
- Saturday October 24, 2020
- Monday October 26 double header
- Afghanistan v A2 (Runner-up Group A from first round)
- England v B1 (Winner Group B from first round)
- Wednesday October 28 double header
- Afghanistan v B1 (Winner Group B from first round)
- Australia v West Indies
- Friday October 30
- West Indies v B2 (Runner-up Group B from first round)
The full list of Perth ICC T20 World Cup fixtures.