Funding is part of the broader Every Club program aimed at supporting sport and active recreation clubs in Western Australia. Every Club comprises of:
- A consolidated online information resource;
- Facilitated opportunities for industry stakeholders to network;
- Delivery of learning and development direct to clubs; and
- Priority investment to key stakeholders supporting the development of clubs.
Objectives of this funding are to:
- Deliver club support models/opportunities that are considered best fit for the specific region;
- Advocate and support well-run sport and recreation clubs in regional communities;
- Provide education, training and professional development for club volunteers and community organisations; and
- Engage with other key stakeholders; State Sporting Associations, Regional Sporting Associations. local governments and broader community organisations.
Applicants can apply for funding from $5,000 to a maximum of $40,000 in 2018/19 and $30,000 in 2019/20.
Applicants can opt to apply for one or two years of funding via a single application process which will open on Thursday, 26 April 2018.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 8 June 2018.
2018/19 funding is for the period 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019.
2019/20 funding is for the period 1 August 2019 to 31 July 2020.
Applicants are required to financially contribute at least 25% of the total grant amount towards the project. For example, a grant from Sport and Recreation (WA) of $20,000 would require the applicant to contribute $5,000 – creating a total project of $25,000.
Funding may be used for
- Development of locally specific resources for clubs
- Delivery of a club support workshop(s)
- Training of club workforce (volunteers and paid staff)
- Training of existing staff within the organisation
- Contribute towards a human resource within the organisation
- Promotional costs of club development initiatives (not merchandising)
- Implementation of a proposed club support plan for the region/s or part thereof.
Funding may not be used for
- Purchase of merchandise (i.e. clothing, water bottles, mugs, key rings)
- Trophies, prize money and gifts
- Individual club membership fees
- Administration of KidSport
- Purchase of tangible equipment
- Upgrade to facilities.
Each application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Applicant is either a local government or a not-for-profit incorporated organisation (i.e. State Sporting Association, Regional Sporting Association, community organisation) delivering club support services for sport and recreation clubs in regional WA;
- A need for club support within the community/region has been demonstrated within the application;
- Project is considered clear, realistic and delivers good value towards supporting the management, governance and planning capacity of clubs;
- Project or event clearly delivers outcomes outlined in the applicants strategic and/or business/operational plan;
- Applicant demonstrates capacity and capability to deliver project outcomes;
- Applicant provides a detailed budget outlining project outcome(s) and deliverable(s);
- Applicant provides financial commitment towards the project of a minimum 25% of the total grant amount;
- Demonstrated sustainability of the project beyond the grant period;
- Demonstrated consultation with clubs, community and service providers in planning the project; and
- The extent to which the project collaborates with other key stakeholders in the sport and recreation industry.
Who can apply
- Local governments within regional WA.
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations, for example
- State Sporting Associations (as recognised by Sport and Recreation (WA)).
- Regional Sporting Associations.
- Community organisations.
How to apply
- Read the Every Club funding program guidelines.
- Contact your relevant Sport and Recreation (WA) regional office to discuss your project proposal to determine eligibility.
- If eligible, complete the application form and provide any relevant supporting documentation (e.g. project proposals, business plan, budgets).
- Submit your application by the advertised closing date by either:
- Emailing your application to email@example.com; or
- Posting your application to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, PO Box 329, LEEDERVILLE WA 6903
Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient information may be considered unsuccessful upon receival.
Assessment and notification
Applications close 4pm, Friday 8 June 2018. Applications will be assessed by a panel with approval sought from the Minister for Sport and Recreation. Sport and Recreation (WA) will endeavor to notify applicants on the outcome of their application at the earliest convenience.
Successful applicants will be required to deliver their 2018/19 project between 1 August 2018 and 31 July 2019 and/or their 2019/20 project between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020.
Successful applicants will be required to acknowledge Sport and Recreation (WA) as outlined within the grant agreement.
Successful applicants with outstanding acquittal documentation for any other grant with Sport and Recreation (WA) will have their payment withheld until outstanding acquittal documentation is received.
For further information
For information regarding the Every Club funding program, or assistance to complete an application, please contact your relevant Sport and Recreation (WA) regional office.