SilverSport has supported over 2600 eligible seniors to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards sport club memberships or physical activity program fees.
SilverSport assisted seniors to increase their physical activity, improve their health and wellbeing and connect with their community.
“This program provides a two-fold advantage for people who are older. This program is helping social interaction while doing physical activity.”
“Thank you for the change to get fitter and improve my mental health. I recommended my older sisters join and I have seen an improvement in them as well.”
“Swimming has helped me lose weight to control my diabetes”
“This program is a great idea, I feel cared for.”
To have received financial assistance through SilverSport, an applicant had to:
- Be aged 60 years or older;
- Hold a valid health care card or pensioner concession card; and
- Be a current resident of the participating local government.
Applicants applied for funding to participate in activities delivered by registered SilverSport providers. These included clubs, community organisations, businesses and recreation centres delivering sport or active recreation for a minimum of four regular sessions or classes (not once off activities).
Eligible SilverSport providers had to have:
- A valid Australian Business Number (ABN) or submit a Statement by Supplier Not Quoting an ABN Form from the Australian Taxation Office.
- Be covered by a current Public Liability Insurance policy.