Whether at national, state or local level, organisations need to plan their long-term viability in order to grow.
Planning helps to:
- look at where the organisation has come from, where it is now, where
- it wants to go and how it is going to get there;
- identify the main objectives of the organisation;
- encourage the members to get involved in the development of the organisation;
- adjust to changes in the current environment that have an impact on the organisation;
- ensure that resources (human, physical and financial) are used effectively;
- evaluate the organisation; and
- bring order into the hectic business of running a sporting organisation.