Participant code of behaviour
Participants who join the department's holiday camps are required to demonstrate behaviours that support the growth of the individual and the achievement of team outcomes.
- Treat all participants as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another participant.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of other individuals.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Cooperate with your instructor and other participants. Without them there would be no holiday program.
- Never argue with an instructor or other participants.
- Control your temper. Physical and verbal abuse of instructors, sledging other participants or deliberately distracting or provoking other participants is not acceptable or permitted behaviours on camp holiday programs.
- Demonstrate independence and participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please your parents/carers.
- Take leadership. Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or other participants.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team's performance will benefit and so will you.
- Accept responsibility for your own actions.
- Enter only the dormitory allocated to you for the duration of the camp.
- Remain in segregated areas as designated by the camp coordinators.
To assist in achieving these objectives we ask that the following be observed:
- No mobile phones
- No smoking
- No alcohol
- No drugs
- No swearing
- No lollies
- No intimate relations