Looking for something fun for the kids to do these school holidays?
The department's popular school holiday camps get kids outdoors, making new friends, having a lot of fun in a safe and supportive environment. There are so many activities on offer, you're sure to find a camp your kids will love. Choose from day camps and overnight residential camps.
School Camp, 9 News Perth
It’s one of Perth's best kept secrets: an out of school recreation camp that has kids swapping screens for the outdoors without breaking the budget.
Woodman Point, Bickley and Ern Halliday are running camps during October 2019.
Register online using the links below.
Check back soon to see whats in store for the October School Holidays.
About our camps
The department has been running school holiday camps since 2009. Our mission is to offer accessible, affordable and fun opportunities for kids during the school holidays to promote being active in the outdoors.
Camps may run at any of our four metropolitan camps (Bickley, Ern Halliday, Point Walter and Woodman Point) and one regional camp (Camp Quaranup) over the school holidays. Note that not all sites will run camps each school holidays.
What are the benefits of our school holiday camps?
Kids get to:
- Have fun
- Make new friends
- Learn to challenge themselves while developing in confidence and independence
- Learn new skills
- Enhance their social skills, personal growth and self-esteem
- Older kids learn about team building, problem solving and leadership
Who can attend?
- Our programs are offered to Year 4 (nine-year-olds) to Year 10 (15-year-olds).
- Our camps cater for special diets, medical conditions and allergies.
- Please contact our holiday bookings coordinator to discuss your child's requirements and to discuss suitability of the camp on 08 9492 9779
What's on offer?
- A different camp theme is typically offered each school holidays. Activities may include rafting, canoeing, high and low ropes, caving, flying fox, lost pilot, archery, fishing, climbing wall, team building and crate climb.
- Given that safety is our number one priority, program activities will vary depending on the season and camp location, age, experience and ability of the children. Due to varying weather conditions Staff have the right to change and alter programs on the day, without notification.
- Please check this page regularly to see what's coming up for the next school holidays.
- All school holiday programs are run by qualified instructors. All of our staff have current and up to date Senior First Aid qualifications Police Clearances and Working with Children Checks.
- If our staff are required to run technical programs such as abseiling or climbing then current industry qualification standards will be adhered to.
- There will be both male and female staff in attendance at each holiday program.
What is the cost?
- Each camps cost will vary. Check out the event details in our current camp section for more information.
- Costs include all meals and available activities as well as dormitory accommodation for overnight camps.
How do I enrol my child?
2019 WA public school holidays and term dates
||Monday 4 February 2019
||Friday 12 April 2019
||Saturday 13 April 2019
||Sunday 28 April 2019
||Monday 29 April 2019
||Friday 5 July 2019
||Saturday 6 July 2019
||Sunday 21 July 2019
||Monday 22 July 2019
||Friday 27 September 2019
||Saturday 28 September 2019
||Sunday 13 October 2019
||Monday 14 October 2019
||Thursday 19 December 2019
||Friday 20 December 2019
||Sunday 2 February 2020
Holiday Bookings Coordinator
246 Vincent Street, Leederville WA 6007
PO Box 329 Leederville WA 6903
Telephone 08 9492 9779
Facsimile 08 9492 9711
Email Debbie Courtney