Western Australian Sports Federation (WASF)
The WA Sports Federation is the independent, peak industry body for sport in Western Australia. It represents over 130 State Sports Associations and related organisations, extending to over 600,000 people.
The pupose of the federation is to advocate for, promote and support the ongoing development of sport for its members and the communities of Western Australia.
- A sports system that provides maximum opportunities for participation and achievement at the levels desired by the participants.
- WASF is the lead advocacy body for sport and recreation that is maintained by collaboration with members.
- Advocate on behalf of member organisations and community-based clubs.
- Advocate for individual and community wellbeing and the resultant lifestyle benefits for the broader community delivered through sport and recreation.
- Advocate for the implementation of State Government policies that will enhance the delivery of sport and recreation.
- Advocate for and assist members in resolving issues affecting the sustainability of sport and recreation.
- Deliver best practice in governance providing members with an effective and efficient organisational model.
- Advise members on how to access funding and organisational development opportunities.
- Facilitate access to services required by sport and recreation bodies for their operation. These include: legal advice; sports insurance; financial advice; governance, management and administration.
WA Sports Federation members have access to a range of services and support developed specifically for them.
WA Sports Federation serves as an intermediary between members and the service provider. This enables the service to be tailored to the needs of the organisation and often at a reduced cost.
WA Sports Federation provides access to the following services as they relate to sport and recreation:
- Legal assistance through Gibson & Gibson Lawyers
- Accounting and finance through KPMG
- Insurance through OAMPS
- Advice on industrial relations matters
- Advice on sports governance, management and administration
- Provision of Sports Lotteries House
The federation provides a forum for the exchange of information regarding the development of sport and active recreation in WA.
The WA Sports Federation assists in promoting news and events for members through media and online sources. Members also benefit from regular information provided to them by the WA Sports Federation, ensuring that they are aware of opportunities as they arise.
Contact the Western Australian Sports Federation (WASF)
WA Sports Federation
Chief Executive Officer
Address: WA Sports Lotteries House, Stephenson Avenue MOUNT CLAREMONT WA 6010
Postal address: PO Box 57 MOUNT CLAREMONT WA 6010
Telephone: 08 9387 8100
Facsimile: 08 9387 8018
- Codes of conduct
- Combat Sports Commission
- High performance sport
- People development
- Learning and development
- It takes the whole community to send an athlete to the Olympic Games
- Organisational development
- Play by the Rules website
- Sports dimensions
- State representatives
- Working with children