Regional Talent Development Network
Developing young regionally-based talented athletes to train and compete in regional WA.
The Department of Regional Development and Royalties for Regions invest $3.6 million into athletes and sporting capacity in regional areas from 2012 through to 2016.
The Regional Talent Development Network Project establishes a statewide network supporting regional-based talented athletes. It allows them to continue their development and progress along the athlete pathway in their region.
- Support a high quality daily training environment for regional athletes in identified regions in conjunction with the State Sporting Associations (SSAs) and Regional Sporting Associations (RSAs).
- Facilitate regional athletes' access to high quality coaching and sport specialist services.
- Support the access and participation in high level competition for talented regional athletes.
- To build sustainability of the Regional Talent Development Network through alignment and inclusion in the strategic planning of key regional stakeholders. These include:
- Regional Development Councils (RDCs)
- Chambers of Commerce (COC)
- Local Governments (LGs)
- Build capacity of the coaches, officials and administrators to enhance the environment for talent development through SSAs and RSAs, DSR and other stakeholders
- Growing the Network through identifying the daily training environment needs of talented athletes and service providers are prepared for delivery of the required services in an appropriate way
- Extending the network by developing and implementing linked open athlete development systems. Undertake system-wide athlete/program performance monitoring and evaluation
Key result areas
- Support identified SSAs to develop and implement effective regional talent development operational plans
- Lead a coordinated approach to the development of a regional talent development system by engaging key internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate statewide, across industry regional talent development initiatives that add value to SSAs and regional talent development operational plans
- Support individual athletes through financial assistance for training and competition e.g. entry fees, gym memberships, travel to training camps, travel to competitions, state team contributions etc.
Broome Regional Talent Development Program
Goldfields – Esperance Talent Development Program
Goldfields – Kalgoorlie/Boulder Talent Development Program
Gascoyne Talent Development Program
Pilbara Regional talent Development Program
Narrogin Talent Development Program
Regional Talent Development Network funding is allocated over four years with the current cycle being 2012-2016.
Coordinator Talent Development
246 Vincent Street, Leederville WA 6007
PO Box 329, Leederville WA 6903
Telephone 08 9492 9722
Facsimile 08 9492 9711
Email Philip Gregson