Site disclaimer, terms and conditions
The materials presented in the Department of Sport and Recreation website and its subdirectories are provided voluntarily as a public service. The information and advice provided is made available in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of release on the Internet. However, the information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements and information.
Changes in circumstances after a document is placed on the Internet may affect the accuracy of the information. Additionally, materials may be maliciously vandalised. No assurance is given as to the accuracy of any information or advice contained after the publication on the Internet.
Material in the Department of Sport and Recreation website and its subdirectories include links to external Internet sites. These external information sources are outside the State's control. It is the responsibility of the Internet user to make his or her own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found.
Each user waives and releases the State of Western Australia to the full extent permitted by law from any and all claims relating to the usage of material or information made available through the Department of Sport and Recreation website and its subdirectories. In no event shall the State of Western Australia be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from use of the material. The State of Western Australia does not accept liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by reliance on the information or advice provided in the Department of Sport and Recreation website and subdirectories or incorporated into them by reference.
Disclaimer - other sites
The Western Australian Government has no control over the content of material accessible on any non-Government sites cross-referenced. It accordingly is the responsibility of the Internet user to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of information found on those sites.
The Department of Sport and Recreation records visits to this website and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user's server or proxy address
- the date/time/length of the visit and the files requested
The information is used to analyse our server traffic. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except where authorised by law. For example in the event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise their legal authority to inspect the internet service provider's logs. If you send us an email message we will record your contact details (in accordance with government record keeping standards).
This information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will not use your email for any other purpose and will not disclose it without your consent. You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet.
If you have concerns in this regard, the department has other ways of obtaining and providing information. Normal mail, telephone and fax facilities are available. The Department of Sport and Recreation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the linked websites.
Department of Sport and Recreation website terms and conditions
General information about our website
Purpose of the Department of Sport and Recreation website
This website is provided to enhance customer service and to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of interactions between the Department of the Sport and Recreation and its customers.
Browser versions supported
This website supports the following browsers:
Certain functions on this website require your browser to be set to allow the creation of “cookies” on your computer. Cookies are required for security reasons and to allow our systems to uniquely identify you and your computer.
The Department of Sport and Recreation will use reasonable endeavours to have the general functions of this website fully available to you at all times (i.e. 24 hours per day, 7 days per week) but this is not guaranteed.
Specific applications operating within this website may have restrictions on availability due to operational or security constraints.
You should ensure that you have other means of undertaking urgent or time-sensitive transactions and obtaining information, if for any reason this website is unavailable.
The Department of Sport and Recreation may need to temporarily suspend the service for operational reasons (e.g. for planned maintenance or upgrades). The Department of Sport and Recreation will use its reasonable endeavours to restore the service as soon as possible after any suspension.
The Department of Sport and Recreation may need to alter code or access details or technical specifications associated with specific web applications for operational reasons. Where we need to inform you about this, we will give you as much notice as is reasonably possible.
Links to and from the Department of Sport and Recreation’s website
Permission to place a hypertext link to any page, image, or other item on this website should be sought by contacting the Communications branch at the Department of Sport and Recreation.
Errors and omissions
The Department of Sport and Recreation would appreciate notification from you of any errors identified within this website or its applications by contacting our Communications branch.
Contacting the Department of Sport and Recreation
For enquiries regarding information in this website please contact the relevant business area.
For application specific enquiries, please use the contact details provided when you are logged on to that application.
Electronic business general conditions for use of our website
- Agreement Acknowledgement
- Agreement to General Conditions
- By accessing and using this website, you agree to be bound by and to comply with these General Conditions, which apply to your access and use of the website and to the performance of the website, and the information, services and other material contained on the website or provided by it.
- Please read and ensure that you clearly understand and accept these General Conditions before you proceed to use this website.
- Material is provided on this website on the basis that you will assess and verify the material and any representations or statements obtained from the website before use. Changes in circumstances, after material is placed on this website, may impact the accuracy of that material.
- When the Department of Sport and Recreation grants you authentication and access privileges as an authorised user, you agree to use the application in a lawful, ethical and responsible manner and to follow any instructions provided by the Department of Sport and Recreation for the use of the application.
- Should you suspect or become aware of a breach of security we ask that you immediately notify and suspend the use of all electronic communications until we are satisfied that appropriate steps have been taken to ensure the security of electronic communications with you.
- Transactions executed by an authorised user may be captured and retained by the Department of Sport and Recreation on a “transaction log” and may include all instructional and financial interactions received from the authorised user. In the event of any dispute and subject to the availability of transaction logs, you, as an authorised user, hereby agree to accept the Department of Sport and Recreation’s transactional log as conclusive evidence of instructional and financial interactions made by you with the Department of Sport and Recreation.
- The Department of Sport and Recreation reserves the right to refuse any application made at its discretion without having to give reasons for that refusal.
- The Department of Sport and Recreation reserves the right to suspend the availability of this website or any part of this website or any application at any time. Examples of where this may occur are;
- to perform certain administrative tasks and scheduled maintenance; or
- if, in our opinion, a serious threat is posed to any part of the system supporting this website or any application.
- To the fullest extent permissible at law you release and indemnify the State of Western Australia from any and all loss, damage, cost, charge, expense, diminution in value or deficiency of any kind or character that you pay, suffer or incur, or are liable for, relating to or arising where this website or any part of this website or any application is unavailable or:
- the website or its associated applications being unable to perform either in whole or in part any of the functions which we have claimed to support; or
- your inability to execute a transaction or instruction.
In these General Conditions:
application means a specific application on the website for which authorisation is required for the use of that application;
authorised user means a person who is authorised by the Department of Sport and Recreation by means of a unique username and confidential password to access and use specific specialised applications which are available on this website;
General Conditions means these General Conditions for Use of the Department of Sport and Recreation’s website as amended from time to time;
material means any document, information, data obtained from this website or any application;
non repudiable means authentication that with high assurance can be asserted to be genuine, and that cannot subsequently be refuted;
Special Conditions means the specific conditions which apply for the use of an application;
user means any person using this website;
Department of Sport and Recreation, we, our or us means the Department of Sport and Recreation, its officers, employees, agents and contractors;
website means, unless otherwise stated, the Department of Sport and Recreation website perating under the registered domain of dsr.wa.gov.au as well as participating service providers required to perform a Department of Sport and Recreation business function;
you or your means the person who accepts the General Conditions, either personally or on behalf of a company or other legal entity and includes, if acceptance is on behalf a company or other legal entity, the company or other legal entity’s officers, employees, agents and contractors.
- Special Conditions for Applications
Specific areas of the website provide specialised services, which are restricted to authorised users. In addition to the General Conditions, Special Conditions may apply for the use of those applications. If any Special Conditions apply to the use of an application, the Special Conditions will be advised to and must be agreed by the User as part of the authorisation process for that application.
- Time and Place of Sending and Receiving All interactions with the Department of Sport and Recreation, which occur through this website, are deemed to have been executed in the State of Western Australia. The time stamp of any interaction or transaction is defined at the time of sending from or receipt by the Department of Sport and Recreation’s web server(s) which are set to Australian Western Standard Time.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The General Conditions and the Special Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and are within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Western Australia.
- Freedom of Information
Refer to the Freedom of Information details on this website
- Privacy Statement
Refer to the privacy information details on this website
- Disclaimer Refer to the copyright and disclaimer details on this website
- Copyright on this website including the materials, online graphics, audio and video on this website, is vested in the State of Western Australia unless otherwise indicated.
- Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, customers feedback or as otherwise permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cwlth), no part of this website or the materials, online graphics or audio and video on this website may be reproduced or re-used for any commercial purpose without the prior written permission of the Department of Sport and Recreation. Requests for authorisation should be directed to Communications at the Department of Sport and Recreation.
- Sharing of Information – Applications
Where the authorised use of an application provides permission to copy or receive data, use of that data must be in accordance with the Department of Sport and Recreation’s intended purpose only and;
- you are bound by any specific copyright and non-disclosure requirements advised to and agreed by you, as part of the authorisation process for that application;
- must not be made available to third parties;
- must not be republished or quoted in an attempt to discredit the State of Western Australia, the Department of Sport and Recreation, and their respective officers, employees, agents and contractors;
- must not be used for resale for any gain or where gain is expected; and
- Security of Data
- The Department of Sport and Recreation will take all reasonable precautions to protect the data, from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, during transmission to the Department of Sport and Recreation or while stored on either our web server or on the web servers of parties engaged by the Department of Sport and Recreation to provide all or part of a service.
Our online security measures include, but are not limited to:
- encrypting customer access codes transmitted via the Internet;
- employing firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to prevent unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems; and
- using dedicated secure networks or encryption when we transmit electronic data for purposes of outsourcing.
- Data Backups
The Department of Sport and Recreation undertakes electronic backup of its computer based systems for its own purposes but does not provide backup and recovery of data not required for its own purposes. We suggest that you implement your own backup and recovery facilities and procedures for data accessed from or transmitted to the Department’s website and associated applications.
Encryption is not used in transmitting and receiving your data to and from this website as a default. When your sensitive data, such as personal and financial records and payment methods are transacted, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption is used.
- Technical Support
You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own hardware and software and for your internet connection and associated costs.
- You agree that as an authorised user of an application:
- you are bound by any electronic communication which includes your username and password without any further inquiry on our part;
- we can assume that any transaction or instruction received by way of an application activated by an authorised user’s username and confidential password originates from that authorised user and is a valid transaction or instruction which cannot be reversed.
- Request for Access
- Department of Sport and Recreation content on this website is available to the public. Where authorised access is required to a non-public application, specific instructions on how to apply for that authorisation and an application form will be provided. Authorised access to an application is only available to individuals or an authorised application within a company or other trading entity (and not the company or other trading entity).
- In submitting an application for access to an application as an authorised user, you:
- acknowledge that you have read, understood the application form and all of its attachments;
- have provided details, with your application form, of previous or current access privileges which have been granted by the Department of Sport and Recreation and have disclosed any reasons for the cancellation of those privileges if this has occurred;
- acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these General Conditions and any Special Conditions which apply to the application for which authorised access is be sought; and
- agree that the information provided in your application is accurate, complete and not misleading and that the Department of Sport and Recreation may rely on that information until we receive notice of any change from you.
- Revoking Access
The Department of Sport and Recreation reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately suspend or terminate your access to and use of the website or to revoke your authorised use of any application available through this website at its discretion. This discretion is likely to be exercised in the following circumstances:
- inappropriate or unreasonable use of the website; or
- deliberate or reckless disruption to the website; or
- use your internet access to menace, create a nuisance or harass others or attempt to do so; or
- make any denial-of-service attacks on us or any other users or networks relating to us or attempt to do so; or
- unlawfully attempts to gain access to other applications or networks which the Department of Sport and Recreation uses or operates; or
- breaches any of the confidentiality or copyright requirements of these General Conditions or the Special Conditions for any application.
- Continuation of Access
The Department of Sport and Recreation is under no obligation to continue providing an application on this website, which it considers, is out-dated, superseded or which cannot be supported by the Department of Sport and Recreation’s current operating environment. The Department of Sport and Recreation may from time to time upgrade, replace or retire any application available on this website. If an application is to be withdrawn, Department of Sport and Recreation will use its reasonable endeavours to notify all authorised users in advance of significant changes.
- website Availability
- Although the Department of Sport and Recreation has in place procedures to avoid unintended interruption of this website, you acknowledge that the website or any application may malfunction or become temporarily unavailable due to;
- computer, web server or software malfunction or network congestion; or
- the failure of the communication network provided by your “Internet Service Provider” or ours; or
- ancillary equipment failures; or
- ·other circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- Access to information held by the Department
- The Department of Sport and Recreation reserves the right to change these General Conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, you are advised to:
- periodically check this section of the website to see if any of the changes affect you; and
- read the general information provided about this website, which describes the purpose of the website and provides other details about the website and general support arrangements.
- Accuracy of Information
No Liability and Indemnity
To the fullest extent permissible at law you release and indemnify the State of Western Australia from any and all loss, damage, cost, charge, expense, diminution in value or deficiency of any kind or character that you pay, suffer or incur, or are liable for, relating to or arising from your usage of, or reliance on, any material or advice obtained from this website or any associated application.
- Technical Environment
- We cannot guarantee that this application and any other information or material contained in, downloaded from or accessible, to be free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems. To protect your software and systems we suggest you install and implement your own system protection software.
- Your transmission to the Department of Sport and Recreation will be examined for known viruses using the Department of Sport and Recreation’s standard operating environment scanning and detection tools. Where a virus is detected in your transmission, the transmission may be rejected and will be deemed not to have occurred.
In all instances where a transmission or transaction is successful you will receive an electronic confirmation. Accordingly, if you do not receive confirmation of receipt, you should assume that your transmission or transaction was not successful.
You are advised, where a transmission failure has occurred, to clean and resubmit the transmitted data. To the fullest extent permissible at law you release and indemnify the State of Western Australia from any and all loss, damage, cost, charge, expense, diminution in value or deficiency of any kind or character that you pay, suffer or incur, or are liable for, relating to or arising from the failure of your transaction due to viral problems.
- Access and Authentication to an Application
- Establishing the Individual’s Identity
- Where applications on this website require an identifiable or non-repudiable interaction with you, we will, subject to your application being approved under clause 5.3.2, provide you with a unique username and confidential password to provide authentication, the combination of which identifies you to us and authenticates you as the person who you claim to be.
- When access to use an application is required by more than one person within your organisation, we require each of those people to be identifiable and they will therefore be provided with a unique username and confidential password by the relevant administrator. Sharing of user accounts or disclosure of usernames or confidential passwords is forbidden.
- Responsibility for the confidentiality and use of your username and confidential password is vested with you. We ask that you immediately notify the Department of Sport and Recreation (see “Contact Us” information) if you become aware of the loss or theft or unauthorised use of your username and confidential password, following which, the Department of Sport and Recreation will as soon as reasonably possible, disable access to the application for that username and issue you with a replacement.
- Where your application is authorised by us to be directly interfaced to a Department of Sport and Recreation application, we will treat that application as if it is an authorised user within your organisation. The person who is associated with that username takes responsibility for all transactions made through that application and is responsible for maintaining an audit trail and the provision of a secure access framework.
- It is recommended that passwords be changed on a regular basis – in particular when a registered user leaves your organisation. Some applications may force each user to change their password on a periodic basis. The Department of Sport and Recreation will inform the authorised user when their password will expire.
- Links To and From Other websites The Department of Sport and Recreation’s website may have links to and from external Internet sites. These external information sources are provided purely for convenience and are outside the Department of Sport and Recreation's control. The Department of Sport and Recreation does not:
- endorse or provide tacit or explicit approval of any material obtained from other websites;
- warrant or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, source, merchantability, fitness for purpose or any other aspect of the material on those websites, and you must make your own assessment regarding any material obtained from another website.
Electronic business application specific conditions for use
Application specific conditions of use will be provided as part of the request for access package for each application. No users will be registered until they have signed, or electronically acknowledged the specific conditions of use for a particular application.