Seniors in sport and recreation
Being active in your older years can have great health benefits. It helps to maintain friendships and means you're an active part of the community.
Being active in your older years can have great health benefits.
It helps to maintain friendships and means you're an active part of the community.
Have a Go Day
Have a Go Day at Burswood is a whole day experience for seniors. Including many stalls and demonstrations, it's a great day out that highlights the exciting new programs and opportunites available to seniors.
Seniors' Recreation Council of WA (Inc.)
The Department of Sport and Recreation supported the establishment and subsequent growth of the Seniors Recreation Council of WA (SRC).
The SRC is recognised as a representative body in the delivery of sport and recreation services to seniors in WA and encourages the over-45s to participate in recreation in order to foster a healthy lifestyle.
The SRC is housed with the DSR and is a volunteer-driven organisation which offers:
- Advice and support in establishing new recreational based groups for seniors throughout the state.
- Support to expand existing active recreation groups.
- Coordination and fostering of projects which will contribute to the opportunities for over 45s to participate in recreational activities.
SRC is supported by:
- Department of Sport and Recreation
- Channel 7 Perth
- Burswood Park Board
- Burswood Entertainment Complex
- Departmemt for Communities
SRC also enjoys a close liaison with:
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- University of Western Australia
- Edith Cowan University
- Council on the Ageing (COTA)
- WA Sports Federation
Contact details for Seniors in sport and recreation
Seniors Recreation Council
Address: 246 Vincent Street LEEDERVILLE WA 6903
Postal address: PO Box 329 LEEDERVILLE WA 6007
Telephone: 08 9492 9773
Facsimile: 08 9492 9775
Mobile: 0410 449 019
Play by the Rules
The Community Participation Branch of the Department of Sport and Recreation uses a ‘community development’ approach as a key strategy in its quest to enhance community inclusion.