Recreation Custodians Group
The Recreation Custodians are a group of representatives from organisations that support the recreation industry. The group was established in 2009 from the review of the Recreation Strategic Reform Agenda.
Meeting every two months, the group discusses issues in the recreation industry and develops scenarios and options for solutions. The group then makes decisions on these options and uses its collective influence to enact or advocate for change.
The Recreation Custodians is comprised of representatives from:
- Fitness Australia
- LIWA Aquatics
- Outdoors WA
- Trails WA
- Western Australian Sports Federation
- Department of Sport and Recreation
- Parks and Leisure Australia
Other agencies and organisations will be invited to attend meetings and provide input as required.
Improving individual and community wellbeing through participation and recreation.
Common strategic elements
The elements to be discussed are:
- Funding and Resources
- Asset Management
The custodians agree on a collective approach to engage and support individuals and community participation in recreation. This will be achieved using the following tools:
- Research and applied investigation
- A collaborative approach to the delivery of professional development
- Engagement and communication within recreation and other related sectors
- Development of integrated policies
- Partnering with other agencies