Making Healthy Choices Easy
Download this document
The state government, in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA (CCI) and UnionsWA, is working towards creating a healthy, active and vibrant state in which to work.
The health of working-age people has consequences far beyond themselves
– reaching their families, children, workplaces and wider communities. Creating a workplace culture that supports and enhances the health and wellbeing of Western Australians takes priority on the WA state government agenda.
The priority actions outlined in this paper form the basis for progressing this initiative. Re-prioritisation within government; awareness and advocacy; capacity building; and consolidating and building on existing research will form the cornerstone of this initiative.
This commitment signifi es the partnership across government and industry to work together to create healthy, active workplaces and ultimately give Western Australians more opportunity to live healthy, active lifestyles.
Through appropriate policy and planning, the state government, CCI and UnionsWA are committed to:
- endorsing a and supporting the implementation of best practice workplace health and wellbeing programs;
- making guidelines available to public, private and notfor- profit organisations on how to implement a best practice program;
- implementing supportive policy to strengthen action across all sectors; and
- offering a centralised base that supplies support to all agencies to develop their existing or new health and wellbeing programs.