Outdoor Education Week aims to raise public awareness about the benefits of Outdoor Education.
27 August to 2 September 2012
This week showcases how outdoor education helps individuals learn about themselves, the people in the groups with whom they work and the environment they are spending their time in.
The Department of Sport and Recreation is supporting Outdoor Education Week with the Department of Education and Outdoors WA.
Bookmarks and posters help raise awareness of the individual, group and community benefits of outdoor learning experiences.
How schools can be involved
- Register your school, organisation or centre for the postcard campaign.
- Create your own Outdoor Education Week event and share it on our Google Map.
- Promote your event/outdoor education experience in the local media.
How you can be involved
Go for a walk with your group outside during the week. Ask the group to stop three times and observe three things, then share these observations with other group members:
- What do I notice about myself?
- What do I notice about other people?
- What do I notice about this place?
For more information on how you can support outdoor education, follow the link www.outdooreducationweek.com.au.