Organisational Sustainability Program
The Organisational Sustainability Program (OSP) was developed to refine the way in which the Department works with key organisations in the WA sport and recreation industry to enable them to meet the challenges they face.
The Organisational Sustainability Program (OSP) was developed to refine the way in which the Department works with key organisations in the WA sport and recreation industry to enable them to meet the challenges they face. It is about assisting organisations to make the most efficient use of their resources to enable them to be adaptable, meet the expectations of their members and be valued by the West Australian community. DSR aims to do this by working with organisations to enable the best practice governance, management and human resource structures and processes required to create a high performance organisation.
The OSP has the following underlying philosophies:
- The Department will invest in the strategic intent and operational plans of the organisation rather than providing funding for specific programs. As such, organisations will be given three-year funding agreements to encourage longer term planning.
- The Department will support the work of all key organisations in the sport and active recreation industry, including State sporting associations, industry representative bodies (such as Outdoors WA, Fitness Australia, and the Western Australian Sports Federation) and active recreation organisations (such as the Mundabiddi Trail Foundation).
- Each organisation will be benchmarked against best practice in governance, management, human resource management, development of the sport/activity and other specific areas relevant to the organisation. This information will be used to develop strategies to increase their capacity as well as give the Department a whole-of-industry picture of current organisational strength.
- Industry information gained will be used to support a training and development program that meets the requirements of the Industry.
- The program will work towards supporting a whole-of-state, whole-of-sport/activity approach.
Each organisation has a number of key result areas derived from the WA Sport and Recreation industry strategic direction document (SD5) against which it is benchmarked. The benchmarks are graduated from what is expected from small organisations (Profile One) through to larger and more complex organisations (Profile Four).
Assessing the capacity of each organisation against these benchmarks provides a snapshot of the status of the organisation. This not only allows the organisation to map out a strategy to continuously improve performance, but also provides the information required for the Department to look at the broader industry requirements in terms of training and development.
Contact details for Organisational Sustainability Program
246 Vincent Street, LEEDERVILLE WA 6007
PO Box 329, LEEDERVILLE WA 6903
Telephone (08) 9492 9754
Facsimile (08) 9492 9711