This nationally recognised qualification is valuable for people seeking to deliver or assess competency based training. The course will assist you to improve the skills necessary to create a meaningful learning environment through topics covered. These include:
- Learning Program Design
- Assessor Training
- Delivery and Facilitation.
29 February to 3 March 2016.
The Department's TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Program is facilitated by the Australian Institute of Workforce Development (AIWD), a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 91455) whose trainers have worked with the Department in the development and delivery of sport contextualised Trainer and Assessor Training Programs since early 2004. The AIWD is the nationally accredited training arm of McLaughlin Sports Consultancy.
As well as being an essential qualification for those who train/assess in the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) Sector, the TAE40110 is widely recognised by employers across all industries.
In order to gain the full TAE40110 qualification, you will need to complete 10 units. The AIWD has packaged together what it believes to be the most effective combination, as per the following:
Cluster 1: Learning Program Design
- TAEDES401A – Design and develop learning programs (core)
- TAEDES402A – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (core)
Cluster 2: Assessor Training
- TAEASS401B – Plan assessment activities and processes (core)
- TAEASS402B – Assess competence (core)
- TAEASS403B – Participate in assessment validation (core)
- TAEASS301B – Contribute to assessment (elective)
- TAEASS502B – Design and develop assessment tools (elective)
Cluster 3: Training Delivery and Facilitation
- TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise & deliver group-based learning (core)
- TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace (core)
- TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (elective)
Once you have successfully completed your TAE40110 Program, you will receive a nationally recognised TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
The Program consists of a 3½ day face-to-face intensive training workshop, followed by some post-course, self-paced course work and assessment tasks. Participants will be fully supported during the post-course, self-paced component of their Program (refer to the following section).
This program is nationally recognised – all participants who successfully complete the Program requirements will receive the full TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
Participant Support Services
The AIWD’s post-course, self-paced component is fully supported.
- You will continue to have direct access to your face-to-face facilitator (AIWD Lead Trainer) after the completion of your face-to-face component.
- You will have on-going access to the AIWD's Participant Support Officer before, during and after your learning experience.
- You will be contacted at least monthly to check on your progress, determine any need for support and to ensure your motivational levels for course completion are maintained.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course; however entry is via DSR invitation only.
- Participants will receive sport contextualised hard copy and e-Learning resources
Participants will be emailed the AIWD Participant Handbook prior to the commencement of training.
- Participants should visit the AIWD website, www.aiwd.com.au, for additional information.
The face to face component of the course will be held on 29 Feb – 3 March 2016 at the Department of Sport and Recreation, 246 Vincent Street, Leederville. The course will run from 8:30am to 4.30pm Monday to Wednesday and 8.30am to 12.30pm on the final day (Thursday).
This course has been heavily subsidised by the Department, with the total per participant cost being $350. The cost includes RTO processing fee, nationally recognised qualification and all necessary participant resources. Lunch and refreshments for the duration of the course will also be provided at no additional cost.