The Department supports the development of a sustainable and diverse sport and active recreation system that encourages participation, develops talent and contributes to the health and wellbeing of individuals and groups in WA.
In 2015/16, $3.96 million was received by our Department from the Sports Wagering Account to fund approximately 70 community organisations.
Types of programs funded include:
- Club Development Officers Scheme.
- Organisational Sustainability Program.
- Seniors Recreation Council.
- Various community organisations for recreation programs and initiatives that promote and develop inclusive sport and recreation environments.
- Community Participation Funding (small grants).