Funding is part of the broader Every Club program aimed at providing support to sport and recreation clubs across Western Australia. Every Club comprises of:
- A consolidated online information resource;
- Facilitated opportunities for industry stakeholders to network;
- Delivery of learning and development direct to clubs; and
- Priority investment to key stakeholders supporting the development of clubs.
Every Club funding in the Perth metropolitan area aims to ensure local governments experiencing high growth have resources available to create a strong sport and recreation community, reflecting the recent and significant investment in sport and recreation infrastructure and activation of public open space. Priority will be given to local governments with a higher rate of population growth and formation of new clubs.
Objectives of this funding are to:
- Advocate and support well-run sport and recreation clubs in new and emerging communities;
- Provide education, training and professional development for club volunteers; and
- Engage with other key stakeholders, e.g. State Sporting Associations and broader community organisations.
Projects should be responsive to the needs of the local community and be informed by consultation, evidence and trends.
Applicants can apply for funding up to a maximum of $40,000 in 2018/19 and $20,000 in 2019/20.
Applicants can opt to apply for one or two years of funding via a single application process which will open on Friday, 20 April 2018.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 8 June 2018.
2018/19 funding is for the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
2019/20 funding is for the period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
Applicants are required to financially contribute at least 33% of the total grant amount towards the project. For example, a grant from Sport and Recreation (WA) of $30,000 would require the applicant to contribute $10,000 – creating a total project of $40,000.
Funding may be used for
- Development of locally specific resources for clubs
- Delivery of a club support workshop(s)
- Training of club workforce (volunteers and paid staff)
- Training of existing staff within the local government
- Contribution towards a human resource within the local government
- Promotional costs of club support initiatives (not merchandising)
- Implementation of a proposed club support plan for the area.
Funding may not be used for
- Purchase of merchandise (i.e. clothing, water bottles, mugs, key rings)
- Trophies, prize money and gifts
- Individual club membership fees
- Administration of KidSport
- Purchase of tangible equipment
- Upgrade to facilities.
Each application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Applicant is a local government based within the collective Perth metropolitan area;
- A need for support to develop clubs within the local government has been demonstrated within the application;
- Project is considered clear, realistic and delivers good value towards supporting the management, governance and planning capacity of clubs;
- Project or event clearly delivers outcomes outlined in the applicants strategic and/or business/operational plan;
- Applicant demonstrates capacity and capability to deliver project outcomes;
- Applicant provides a detailed budget outlining project deliverable(s);
- Applicant provides a financial commitment of at least 33% of the total grant amount;
- Demonstrates consultation with clubs, community and service providers in planning the project;
- The extent to which the project collaborates with other key stakeholders in the sport and recreation industry; and
- The extent to which the project provides sustainability and/or leaves a legacy for sport and recreation clubs.
Who can apply
Local governments within the Perth metropolitan area.
How to apply
- Read the Every Club funding guidelines
- Contact Sport and Recreation (WA) Organisational Development Team to discuss your application
- Complete the application form and provide any relevant supporting documentation (e.g. project proposals, business plan, budgets)
- Submit your application by the advertised closing date by either:
- Emailing your application to email@example.com; or
- Posting your application to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, PO Box 329, LEEDERVILLE WA 6903.
Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications and applications with insufficient information may be considered unsuccessful upon receival.
Assessment and notification
Applications close at 4pm Friday 8 June 2018.
Sport and Recreation (WA) will endeavor to notify applicants on the outcome of their application at their earliest convenience.
Applications will be assessed by a panel with approval sought from the Minister for Sport and Recreation.
Successful applicants will be required to deliver their project(s) between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 and/or 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
Successful applicants will be required to acknowledge Sport and Recreation (WA) as outlined within the grant agreement.
Successful applicants with outstanding acquittal documentation for any other grant with Sport and Recreation (WA) will have their payment withheld until outstanding acquittal documentation is received.
For further information
For information regarding the Every Club Funding program or assistance to complete the application form, please contact:
Team Leader – Organisational Development
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
Telephone 08 9492 9753
Email Grant Trew