Sport and recreation funding, grants and scholarships
Supporting the sport and recreation industry by providing funding for projects, facilities and events.
The department, through grants and scholarships, provides funding to organisations who facilitate sport and active recreation. Funding is important to support the industry and provide active opportunities for every Western Australian. There are a wide range of avenues to obtain funding (outlined below). These include funding for sport and community organisations, facilities, and special funding for regional areas.
Our team’s core business is to support the development of a sustainable and diverse sport and recreation system that encourages participation, develops talent and contributes to the health and wellbeing of individuals and groups in WA.
In 2010/11, $3 million was received by our department from the SWA to fund approximately 70 community organisations.
Types of programs funded include:
- Club Development Officer Scheme.
- Recreation Industry Leaders (through Organisational Sustainability Program).
- Seniors Recreation Council.
- Youth at risk, e.g. Northbridge Youth Diversion and Engagement Program.
- Various community organisations for recreation programs and initiatives that promote and develop inclusive sport and recreation environments.
- Community Participation Funding (small grants).
Funding for sports organisations
Funding for regional areas
Funding for community organisations
Training and development