Situated above or on the amphitheatre is a lovely space for a simple wedding ceremony over-looking the stunning views of the Swan River.
Alternatively the gazebo is perfect for a small ceremony of 20 to 30 people.
A number of locations are available onsite for your wedding reception or function.
Pelican Function Room
The views from the Pelican Function Room and the surrounding outside area of the Swan River and Perth are outstanding. This space can cater for 160 people cocktail style or can seat 100 people at tables.
Cygnet Dining Room
The Cygnet Dining Room opens out onto the pool courtyard and has excellent views of the Swan River. This facility can be used in conjunction with the Pelican Function Room as required. Cygnet can cater for 200 people cocktail style or 120 people comfortably at tables.
The dining room has two split system air conditioners and ceiling fans and a servery that is ideal for buffet style dining.
Pool, courtyard and grassed spaces
The 12 metre swimming pool has an 80sqm shaded grassed space within the pool fence, to the north of the pool that is free to use as part of your exclusive site booking.
The courtyard area is a great space for canapes and pre-dinner drinks or makes a great outdoor dance floor as part of your exclusive site booking.
The extensive Point Walter grounds can be utilised to set up an outdoor garden lunch, marquee or utilised for photography shoots.
Accolade catering is the licensed provider of catering services at Point Walter Recreation and Conference Centre. Accolade offers a variety of options to cater for your wedding or function including tempting canapés, tapas, delicious and wholesome buffet meals or an elegant sit-down set menu can be arranged. Tea and coffee is also available.
Please note that self-catering is not permitted nor is the use of external caterer's.
Alcohol is BYO by permission as per our alcohol policy.
Contact Sam on 0419 902 042 or via email to arrange a meeting to discuss your requirements.
View sample menus
A site visit is required to secure a booking to ensure the facility meets your needs. At this time all pricing can be discussed.
Please contact our events manager at the Point Walter Centre on 08 9492 9784 to arrange a time and date.
Locaed in Bicton just 20 minutes from Perth, the centre is a great base for your regional, interstate or overseas guests.
Point Walter Centre can accommodate up to 124 people in six modern accommodation blocks. The accommodation consists of 31 rooms that have a maximum capacity of four beds per room (bunk beds). Linen is provided including sheets, blankets, pillowcase, doona and towel.
- Rectangular tables (1.8m x .76m)
- Basic crockery and cutlery
- Small PA sound system
- Microphone and lectern
- Power board
- Air conditioned rooms
- Overhead projector, screen and speakers in the Pelican Function Room
- Water cooler
- Basic accommodation for up to 40 guests for exclusive overnight bookings only.
- Convenient and central location
- Decorate the venue according to your weddings or function colours and themes
- On site catering by Accolade Catering who can provide a range of catering options from cocktail menus, informal barbeques, buffet’s to set event menus
- Room setup/packup and catering supplies including glasses, cutlery, crockery, table cloths, napkins etc. can be arranged through Accolade Catering
- BYO alcohol
- Free and ample parking for your guests
- Secure grounds
- Wheelchair access
- Simple and affordable accommodation for your guests with 19 of the 31 rooms containing ensuites in private rooms and all linen and blankets provided
- Use of site facilities including the tennis court, basketball court, beach volleyball court and swimming pool
- Our friendly and professional staff can assist with the co-ordination of the preparations, setup and decorations with your suppliers
- One night stay options and bookings in advance up to two years.
Due to the varying requirements for weddings and events please contact the Point Walter office directly on 08 9492 9784 to discuss your needs and relevant pricing. Pricing below is a general guide only.
Exclusive use of site
2017 prices effective 1 January 2017
2018 prices effective 1 January 2018
Pricing for corporate groups 2017
|Day rate (Monday to Friday)
|Public holiday rate
Early arrival fees apply for access prior to 5pm.
Pricing for corporate groups 2018
| Day rate (Monday to Friday)
| Evening / weekend rate
| Public holiday rate
Early arrival fees apply for access prior to 5pm