The redevelopment of nib Stadium (Perth Oval) as a purpose built rectangular stadium has provided the State with a world class stadium for rectangular sports, whilst still retaining the cultural sporting significance of the site.
Stage 1 redevelopment
The $95.14m Stage 1 redevelopment of the facility is complete and includes:
- a covered eastern grandstand complete with new food, beverage and toilet facilities
- a 250-seat barbecue terrace
- seating for approximately 420 patrons in open corporate boxes
- an uncovered permanent southern stand and seating in the northern bowl area
- two large video replay board
- a new whole-of-stadium PA system
- CCTV surveillance system
- new pitch lighting
- a new playing surface
Capacity of the stadium is now approximately 20,500.
Watch the construction of the new nib Stadium eastern and southern stands in a timelapse video.