Please wait while booking system is loading.
Important school dates
Bookings can be taken up to a maximum of 13 months ahead. The minimum occupancy period is two nights, except long weekends which require a 3 night minimum stay.
Arrival and departure
Officially the arrival time is 2pm and the departure time is 10am from Monday to Saturday. Arrival time on Sundays and Public Holidays is 5pm and departure at 2pm. An earlier arrival and/or departure can only be guaranteed by booking the Cardinal Meeting Hall.
To confirm a booking, the deposit, completed Booking Details form and Conditions of Hire form must be returned to the booking office within 14 days of making a booking.
The cancellation fees that apply in the event of a cancelled booking are:
- 6 months or more before arrival date - $35.00
- 3 to 6 months before arrival date – 50% of deposit
- Less than 3 months before arrival date – 100% of deposit
A $35 fee will be applied to each change or transfer of booking. Deposits or part thereof may be forfeited when a booking is changed or transferred within two months of the arrival date.
A tax invoice will be forwarded to you after your stay and calculated in the minimum nightly charge or the per person charge (whichever is the greater). All monies are payable within 10 working days of the invoice issue date.
The Department of Sport and Recreation has appointed a professional caterer to service all residential clients. Accolade Catering can cater for all user groups and all menu requirements. At Ern Halliday self catering is only permitted for persons residing Spinnaker Dormitory / Spinnaker Tent and Windmill Tent/Picnic Area. School and community groups are charged at a flatrate of $2.00 (incl GST) per person per day of occupancy. Corporate groups are charged at a flat rate of $2.50 (incl GST) per person per day. Self catering is not available in Commodore and Port & Starboard Dormitories.
Camps Alcohol Policy
DSR Camps do not have a catering licence covering the sale or supply of alcoholic beverages. As a result, alcohol is not permitted at DSR Camps unless written approval has been provided by the Camp Manager to the client in advance of the booking date and only when it does not conflict with other groups.
Maintaining the "Sanctuary in the Suburbs"
Noise Management at Ern Halliday Recreation Camp
As Ern Halliday Recreation Camp is situated in an urban environment with neighbours in close proximity, the camp management have developed the following mandatory noise management strategies to support a respectful operating environment.
- Amplified music is not permissible within Ern Halliday grounds unless approved by Camp Management. Applicants must submit in writing a detailed event plan at minimum 60 days in advance of the event commencement.
- The use of amplified music over multiple days/nights may not be authorised.
- The use of amplified music will be restricted to a 2 hour block per 12 hour period (10am – 10pm).
- All clients must give courtesy to neighbours, other camp users and onsite staff member and family.
- Noise levels generated by groups may be requested to be lowered and/or music turned off by Camp Management on basis of neighbourhood disturbances or local council concerns.
- A security bond may be requested from the booking group in advance of a large event and will be refunded in full upon completion of a successful and incident free camp.
- Call outs resulting from violation of noise restrictions may result in a fee being passed to the client.
Specific requirements for noise management – Commodore, Port and Starboard Dining Rooms
As these dining rooms are adjacent to one another, it is not practical for either room to generate music without disturbing the other. These rooms are provided free of charge as a general purpose meeting/dining venue for a clients exclusive use during their stay.
- Clients seeking to generate music / loud events from these dining room venues must seek approval from Camp Management prior to their stay. This includes discos, dances, school bands, concerts etc.
- On the basis that an event may disrupt another client group – Camp Management will direct the applicant group to book the Cardinal Meeting Hall at the applicable rates (a stand-alone facility with a capacity of 100 seated).
Specific requirements for noise management – Stadium and Cardinal Meeting Hall
- Sunday - Thursday nights a noise curfew (any form of music or loud activity) of 9.00pm is to be strictly adhered to. The building and surrounding areas are to be vacated by 11.00pm with consideration to neighbours, other camp residents and the on-site staff member.
- Friday and Saturday nights a total noise curfew of 10.00pm is to be strictly adhered to. The building and surrounding areas are to be vacated by 12 midnight with consideration to neighbours, other camp residents and the on-site staff member.
Other event considerations
- Smoke and/or fog machines are not permissible within any Ern Halliday buildings due to the presence of fire monitoring systems.
- Clients intending to utilise external contractors to deliver services onsite at Ern Halliday must seek Camp Management approval in advance.
- Contractors employed by clients to deliver services in relation to their events are required to report to the Ern Halliday Office on arrival.
Prices and information is subject to change.
If you require additional clarity on any of these operating parameters, please discuss directly with Camp Management:
Address: PO Box 80 HILLARYS WA 6923
Telephone: 08 9492 9788
Facsimile: 08 9402 3422
Mobile: 0417 948 816
Address: 246 Vincent Street LEEDERVILLE WA 6007
Address: PO Box 329 LEEDERVILLE WA 6903
Telephone: 08 9492 9999
Facsimile: 08 9492 9711