Working with the Department of Sport and Recreation
At the Department of Sport and Recreation, we talk the talk but we also walk the walk.
We have a management culture that values and encourages participation in sport and recreation, which is supported by our corporate health and wellbeing program and flexible working hours and leave options.
On average, we spend about one third of our waking hours at work, so why shouldn’t we enjoy them?
We are looking for people who can work with us to continue building this dynamic and positive work environment.
Current Department job opportunities
Sorry but this information is currently not available.
Current industry job opportunities
Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) – Operations Coordinator
The Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) has an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Operations Coordinator to join a World Class Sports Institute that values People and Excellence. We are currently seeking applicants with a suitably qualified facility operations background to provide building operations coordination for the new WAIS High Performance Service Centre in Mt Claremont.
More information on the Operations Coordinator opportunity.
Gymnastics WA – Event Coordinator
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the organisation and delivery of Gymnastics WA events across a variety of gymsports.
Applications close 10 July 2015.
More information on the Event Coordinator opportunity.
Tenpin Bowling Association of Western Australia (TBAWA) – Inclusion Officer
TBAWA's Inclusion Officer will be principally responsible for the development and coordination of programs to increase participation of people with disability within the sport and the ongoing interaction between TBAWA and a range of key stakeholders.
Applications close 17 July 2015.
More information on the Inclusion Officer opportunity.
Volleyball WA – Competitions and Events Co-ordinator
Providing operational support for all Volleyball WA Competition and Event activities in accordance with the Association’s values and policies.
- Reports to: Manager Participation and Development
- Employment: Full-time
- Salary range: $42,000–$47,000
- Award: Sporting Organisations Award 2010
- Co-ordination, Management, Administration and Promotion of the VWA Competition portfolio;
- Annual Planning of all VWA Competitions for inclusion in the VWA Annual Calendar
- Western Australian Volleyball League (WAVL) and Western Australian Volleyball Junior League (WAVJL)
- Alcohol.Think Again (ATA) Beach Series, including support to the Volleyball Australia National Tour
- VWA Schools competitions
- Regional Volleyball Tournaments (as required)
- VWA State Championships
- Maintenance of a register of all facilities in Western Australia that are available for use by volleyball activities.
- Liaison and support to the VWA Tournament Directors / Co-ordinators / Assistant Co-ordinators and Beach Set-up Crew for the following;
o WAVL and WAVJL
o ATA Beach Series
o Others as required (this position includes providing Tournament Director services to agreed VWA competitions and events).
- VWA Committee Executive Officer Support;
o VWA Indoor (WAVL) Committee
o VWA Beach Committee
Key Performance Indicators
To perform competently in this position the incumbent will be expected to demonstrate capability, skills and experience in the following areas;
- Customer Service
Show high level interpersonal and communication skills that allow effective, positive relationships at all times with all internal and external stakeholders. Develop strong working relationships with the key stakeholders of allocated programs, keeping them fully informed on an ongoing basis.
- Organisational Skills
Display a high level of organisational skills and be the primary source of information and knowledge in regards to all VWA Competitions and Events. Document and share this information and knowledge effectively where required with internal and external stakeholders.
- Administration Skills
Display high level administration and communication skills (verbal and written). Ensure business and financial processes are adhered to, and that all decisions made and actions taken are in the best interest of Volleyball WA.
- Technical Skills
Demonstrate effective use of Microsoft office applications and Information Communication Technology applications. Learn as required software applications and fixture applications as required by the Volleyball WA competitions.
- Team Participation
Be an active and enthusiastic member of the Volleyball WA staff team and the Volleyball WA wider community. Build positive relationships and work collaboratively with Volleyball WA Clubs, Associations and other stakeholders in supporting the Volleyball WA competitions and events portfolio. Take personal responsibility for upholding the Association’s values.
- Work Quality
Take personal responsibility for the quality of work completed, including timely delivery and accuracy of information.
- Continuous Improvement
Show a commitment and active contribution to finding more efficient and effective ways for the delivery of the Volleyball WA competitions and events portfolio for the benefit of the Volleyball WA community.
- Maintain an effective filing and retrieving information system.
- Oversee and assist with the production and delivery of competition fixtures.
- Preparation of fixture and document templates.
- Managing timelines and date requirements.
- Ensure compliance with VWA By-Laws and Regulations, and VWA Policies and procedures.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, including handling of correspondence and answering telephone calls and emails.
- Produce monthly reports for VWA Committees and VWA Board as required.
- Website and Facebook updating and management in regards to the competition and events portfolio.
- Provide Executive Office support for the VWA Committees including preparation of agendas, supporting documents papers and meeting notes, and implementation of action items.
- Be flexible in the hours to achieve successful completion of tasks.
Applications must follow the outline provided below to be considered;
All applications must include the following;
- Cover letter addressing the Key Performance Indicators
- Current Curriculum Vitae, including referee details
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Thursday 2 July 2015 – late applications will not be accepted.
Please note: The preferred candidate will be required to complete a Working With Children’s check.
If you would like further information regarding this position please do not hesitate to contact;
Operations and Support Manager
Telephone: (08) 9228 8522
Volunteering in sport and recreation is not only rewarding, it also builds stronger communities. Volunteering WA provides a list of sport and recreation volunteer opportunities in Western Australia.
There may also be volunteer opportunities at your local sport or recreation club. Find our which clubs are in your local area.
Follow the Department on LinkedIn to receive news and information relating to job opportunities, training courses and networking events.