Perry Lakes Renewal - Sporting Facilities Info Sheet
Creating new sporting facilities at AK Reserve to complement the proposed high-quality residential development at the Perry Lakes Stadium site.
On 1 December 2005, State Parliament passed the Perry Lakes Redevelopment Bill 2005 transferring responsibility for the Perry Lakes and AK Reserve redevelopment to the State Government.
Since this time the following work has been completed:
- feature Survey of AK Reserve;
- geotechnical investigation;
- community consultation;
- environmental consultation;
- Indigenous consultation;
- memorandum of Understanding with the University of Western Australia and commencement of master planning exercise for AK Reserve and UWA Sports Park;
- appointment of project architect, as well as design architect for basketball and athletics;
- appointment of probity auditor and project cost controller.