Incidental Physical Activity
Western Australians are encouraged to incorporate physical activity into their daily activities or chores as all activity is beneficial to health.
Download this document
Incidental physical activities are physical activities performed for less than 10 minutes that are undertaken as part of carrying out normal daily chores. These include walking or cycling instead of driving a short distance, climbing the stairs instead of using the lift or escalator, parking vehicle farther away or walking the dog.
The information in this fact sheet is from the Western Australian Adult Physical Activity Survey which collected information on these four specific physical activity behaviours.
- Active recreation
- Active women
- Benefits of physical activity
- Coaching and officiating
- Costs of physical inactivity
- Cycling for physical activity
- High performance
- Indigenous participation
- Junior participation
- Less active population groups
- Motivators and barriers in physical activity
- Non-organised sport and physical activity
- Organised sport and physical activity
- Participation of Australians aged 15 and over
- Senior participation
- Social trends
- Social trends summary
- Walking for physical activity